I am a newly 30 something Mom of 3 who has been on a "diet" my whole life. I've been on the rollercoaster long enough and I'm ready to make the life changes that are necessary to succeed.I am close to my highest weight ever after giving birth in January. I decided so many people (especially all you moms out there) can relate to what I am going through, so why not share my story.... Here is my journey! :)







Friday, March 26, 2010

Sabotage?

I heard an interesting fact today.....
{your friends HATE when you are on a diet!}
Why? Because it makes THEM feel guilty about THEIR OWN choices if you are making healthy ones. CRAZY HUH!!!
But I'm sure a lot of you can relate...I know I can! I have those friends who are always choosing water over a margarita (that's a hard one) Salmon over the heaping plate of gooey nachos, passing on dessert...they go to the gym for fun or when they're bored....the list goes on. You almost feel resentful of them or think they are no fun. When did it become "no fun" to fuel our bodies with healthy alternatives?? We should be praising these people and trying to be more like them not trying to tempt or even sabotaging them.
A funny...but evil story my husband told me kind of relates to this:
At work his coworker discovered these absolutely DELICIOUS but SINFULLY caloric coffee drinks from BIGGBY Coffee. Well, he brought one to work, my husband tried it and thought it was amazing...until he revealed that it had 900 calories in it!!!!! One of the ladies, Patti, who is like most of us girls....usually watching what she eats, tried it as well. She thought it was so yummy, but knew it must be horrible...so John says, oh, well they have a nonfat version, I'll bring you one next time. So the next day John brings Patti one of these iced drinks, but gives her the FULL FAT 900 cal one and thinks its HILARIOUS. She drank the WHOLE thing before he told her. Now WHY would he do this? He is known as the office clown but why...I mean 900 calories??? For a woman that is 2/3 or MORE of your whole DAYS worth of calories. I really think a lot of men don't quite get it? Or maybe because he is one of those people that can eat a package of nutty bars everyday (yes...he really does this) and not gain anything. MOST of us however are not so lucky.
So I guess the point to this is really that we should be more supportive of people who are trying to do the right thing...its already hard enough not to eat that decadent cupcake staring you in the face....we don't need someone eating 5 right next to us telling us how tasty they are and that we should try just one bite. It should be the other way around...we should start pressuring non dieters into making better choices! Hey...if they can do it....SO CAN WE!!!!!

Love,

Kyla

No comments:

Post a Comment